Canine Behaviour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

3 posters

Module Questions

JoDog

Module Questions Empty Module Questions

Post  JoDog Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick question to those who've completed or are in the middle of doing this course- on the module question's what length would you recommended the answers on these should be? in the introduction to the course they advise the project should be approx. 1500 words but I'm not sure how much detail I need to put within each of the module questions. I think I've finished but then find myself going back to try and 'pad' out what I've written and now reading back I'm starting to think it looks like I'm just rambling nonsense. I have completed the Canine Behaviour and Psychology course which was level 3 and each module on this I did approx. half page to full page answer. I'm just not sure how much I should up the anti without going overboard. scratch 

Thanks Jo
    Admin
    Admin

Module Questions Empty Re: Module Questions

Post  Admin Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Jo, I've just picked this up again and am determined to get going properly this time! I have the same question - also, do we need to be referencing everything? The way the questions are worded it seems they are looking for our personal opinions but as a rule it is necessary to back everything up with references.

Can anyone help here?

Chris
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:45 am

Hi Chris!

Like yourself various aspects of life have taken over and I haven't opened the books since I posted this Embarassed 

Yeah its really difficult to judge. For example for the first question where asked to describe something a dog can learn quickly and something needed practised for and why, I cited an example first from Birch& Bailey book and the second from John Fisher book and then went on to describe why I thought these two scenarios played out the way they did. I then cited my explanations with information from adtp site to back up what I was saying. Does that make sense? I referenced these at the end of the paper while just mentioning where I got the examples within the txt as they advised in the guide sheet. But you know your self, when I read back on it I thought hmmmmm... As you said its hard to judge exactly what's expected as I know the standard is superbly high but where is the cut off point?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks Jo, that helps, yes thanks. I really don't want to under do this, I think I would rather say too much than not enough - not worth getting a poor mark on the first module! Very Happy 
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:28 am

Any progress Chris?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am

Hi Jo, I made a start then had so much work I had to concentrate on that! Plus a working cocker puppy needs a lot of attention! But I picked it up again last night and I'm determined to get through it this time. Going to plan my day so I can have at least 2 hours from 6 till 8 at least 4 evenings per week or a couple of hours on a morning if I'm not teaching! Now I just have to use my self control to make sure I do it! Very Happy  How about you?
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:38 am

Still useless Chris! Rolling Eyes 

I'm using the two year currently swinging out of my neck as my excuse! Am going to try knuckle down this weekend. Really have to pull it together as I want to do other courses but touch anything until I have this finished. I'm determined to try push myself on so I'll keep popping back to see how your progressing Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 am

I wonder if we can keep pushing each other! What module are you on now?
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:03 am

Still on Module one! Question two! See- I'm useless at the moment !
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 am

Ha ha, I'm still on module 1 Q1! I did Q1 ages ago but decided I needed to do it again as it was such a long time ago!Sad 
    Admin
    Admin

Module Questions Empty I'm on a roll

Post  Admin Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Just completed the first 4 questions in Module 1 and feel I am on a roll! I am so back into learning I don't want to stop but have an early start in the morning 4 hours driving lessons to give then a puppy class to run, horses to do, dogs to walk. I can't carry on much longer must get some sleep!Sad 
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Oh Oh! You've upt the anti.. Better get me finger out........study scratch confused Shocked 
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Go Girl! Very Happy 
    Sue L

Post  Sue L Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Good luck to both of you. I found it very confusing when I started as I had no idea about referencing or what was expected. I decided to put as much info in as I could. With regard to referencing, if I got the info from a book or the internet then I would reference, but if it was from experience or opinion I wouldn't unless I needed evidence to back up my opinion - not sure if I make sense. Brains a bit fuddled trying to get a module finished before xmas.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks Sue!

Well, I've completed Module 1 up to q 1.8 and got stuck again with work! But, I have a whole day off tomorrow and although I want to paint the kitchen and have 3 dog training classes to run tomorrow night I'm hoping I can get a lot more done in between!

How's it going Jo?

JoDog

Post  JoDog Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 pm

its not Chris Sad

I am officially brain dead and know feck all about dogs!
    Only have question 1.1 completed and keep reading 1.2 going- naaaaaawww!

In fairness if I got an hour to myself to actually give the time to think probably fly through. When in doubt blame the family Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I was a bit like that Jo, but then once I got back into it I couldn't stop writing! I know what you mean about time though. I'm frustrated this week because I haven't been able to get back into it and I'm half way through Q1. So want to finish it!Sad 

But I'll get there eventually!Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:30 pm