Canine Behaviour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

4 posters

Names for Training Classes

Carole.T
    Carole.T

Names for Training Classes Empty Names for Training Classes

Post  Carole.T Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 am

You have all been a great help in my various 'posts', I wonder if I could pick your brains on this little conundrum also, its driving me mad!

I am trying to think of a name for dog training classes. The following are some that I have come up with so far that are not being used by other clubs locally (or can find on the Web re:setting up a website).

My current 'Trading' name that is on my cards/leaflets is : Castleman Canines - The reason being is that the areas I cover are all nearby to a well known local walking route called the Castleman Trail. However, I do not think that it would transfer well to depicting dog training classes, or mean anything to people if I have to look for premises further afield, which I may have to do so.

Anyway, the names I have scratched my head over so far are;

1) Dogtails Dog Training

2) the Kool School 4 Dogs

3) 'High 5' Dog Training

4) World-Wise Dogs

All the 'usual' ones like: K9 Dog Training / Pawsitive Dog Training / Paws In Hand, are being used locally.

So, any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated. There's not many 'dog associated' names left that haven't been used it seems. Plus have to think of the word count if doing classified ads, fitting on cards & literature.

I will be offereing Classes plus 1>1 Training & Behaviour work. Eventually I want to incorporate, or educate clients on things like: Ttouch / Canine Massage / 'Task' training (assistance dog type)/ First Aid nights etc, as time goes by. We have local practitioners & trainers for these disciplines where I am not qualified to carry them out myself.

I am trying to decide before I do my next run of cards on Vistaprint and set up a website. It's worse than thinking of names for kids or pets isn't it?

Regards,

Carole scratch
    Admin
    Admin

Names for Training Classes Empty Re: Names for Training Classes

Post  Admin Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Carole, I would choose a name that starts with a letter near the beginning of the alphabet! Being a "W" means I am at the end of all the listings, so if anyone is looking for a trainer/behaviourist/groomer/kennel, unless they are specifically looking for me, will probably find someone earlier on in the listing before they get to W!

I am redesigning everything as I am hopefully giving up the kennels as soon as I have the driving set up. My name is pretty well known now in Ryedale and some parts of North Yorkshire, so rather than anything gimmicky I am simply going with Christine Stansfield and will try and make sure I am listed under C rather than S!

Chris
    olwen
    olwen

Post  olwen Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Having a name that is near the top of the alphabet is something I was recommended to do also.

I called my dog club "good dog training school" basically as it depends on where you put the comma and there is a not very good yank and crank down the road Very Happy You're welcome to be a franchaise I'll just work out fees jocolor

With adding the grooming etc in to the training and going solo next month I've been playing around with name ideas too, I have the bank account in my name but unless I change it to something that begins with an A I'm at the end of the alphabet with first and last names!

Wonder if Aardvark Dogs will work Very Happy
    lance
    Admin

Post  lance Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:35 pm

How about 'All Sorts Dog Training'

That gets at the top of advertising list with 'All..

You are offering all sorts of training - classes / one to one/ behaviour/ TTouch/ Massage/'Task' traing/First Aid

And you welcome all sorts of dogs (and owners!)

Speaking as a prospective client (I am not a professionl trainer)
    I have always been put off by gimmicky/pun titles - like 'paws...'/
    K9.../ Kool.../etc.
    Against my better instincts I once fell for 'Bark Busters' which is a franchise thing and the trainers only briefly trained and
    wedded to a dominance model. Though I did learn a few things there,
    I think my dog 'Chip' thought we were all mad. That's what prompted me to do a Compass course.
    olwen
    olwen

Post  olwen Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:12 pm

I don't like the K9 thing either or any pun type, locally we have The Dogfather who is as bad as he sounds.

I like allsorts,

I've been playing on a business card website and one of thier designs was called Bitten Biscuit I quite like that.
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks Lance,

There are a few 'All Sorts' around, though admittedly it seems a few hundred miles north of me! I know what you mean re: the gimmicky & obvious, as it needs to reflect the more serious and involved Behaviour work as well, yet draw in the day to day pet dog owner in for training.

Can't find anyone calling themselves 'All4Dogs' not sure how that sounds? Sorry, yes just found one of that name in Northants.

'Dogfather' Olwen?! Good grief I don't like the image that conjures up at all!

We have a couple of 'Dog Whisperers' round here also, there's a lot of them around aren't there still!

I am asking fellow dog walkers and friends and a few originally suggested names/ideas have gone by the wayside already!

Thanks for joining in the head scratching. I will keep my thinking cap on and hope for a 'light bulb' moment Idea

Regards

Carole

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:17 pm