Canine Behaviour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

+2
Lisa
Admin
6 posters

Anybody out there!

Admin
    Admin

Anybody out there! Empty Anybody out there!

Post  Admin Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi there, is anybody out there! It would be nice to get this forum up and running again, we have a few new members studying Compass courses.

Where is everyone, how are the studies coming along? Has anyone finished the Diploma yet?

Chris
    Lisa

Anybody out there! Empty Re: Anybody out there!

Post  Lisa Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi all

I have just finished the Ad. Dip. It is going in the post tomorrow!!

Lisa
    lance
    Admin

Post  lance Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Well done.Let us know the response.
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks Lance, will do!

Lisa
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi

I received an A for my final module but am still awaiting my final grade. Hopefully sometime this week! Am getting twitchy with the post now!!!

Lisa
    lance
    Admin

Post  lance Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Well done! and with another very high mark. You must be feeling pleased and probably a bit relieved to have completed it. I think one of the most difficult things about these courses is not so much researching and learning the stuff, but just keeping on and maintaining the momentum to the finish.
    So, what now, what's next?
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Lance

I am really pleased, and am looking forward to my final result. Not bad after leaving school in 1989 with GCSE's and doing no studying since!!!!

Call me boring but I am really missing studying! Although it is really nice to be able to read a book from start to finish rather than just bits here and bits there.

What next, well compass are bringing out a new research course and a course to top up the Ad. Dip. to the equivalent of a BSc, so that's next.

How about you?

Lisa
    jowolff

Post  jowolff Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi, very happy to have found this forum. I've been studying with Compass for a while now and am currently on Module 12 of the Ad.Dip course.
    It seems to be taking me ages, but I'm getting there - only 6 case studies to go!
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Jo

It takes a while doesn't it, it took me almost 2 years to do the whole course but well worth it! Have you enjoyed the course?

Lisa
    jowolff

Post  jowolff Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi Lisa
    I've taken much longer, maybe 3 years now, but I'm nearly there! On the whole I've really enjoyed the course and I've learned SO much, it really has broadened my knowledge in many areas not just canine behaviour so that's been great. I had pretty much the same study background as you, left school in the late 1980s with Scottish equivalents of GCSEs and no study since.
    I found that I completed the first 9 modules fairly quickly but then ground to a bit of a halt on the module 10 project. It took me ages to come up with something to study but I eventually did and got an A for the module so I was really happy with that. Then for some reason module 11 was like wading through treacle and took me a long time to complete. I guess it's an individual thing, some people will find one module really easy while others will find it much more challenging.
    Currently case study 10 seems a very long way away but at least I'm constantly learning. Like you, I think I'll really miss studying when I've finished the course so will probably go on to do something else. I didn't know about the new Compass courses but they sound very intersting, I'll try to find out more about them.
    Very well done on getting an A for module 12, hope you get your final grade soon.
    I'm back to the books tomorrow.
    Jo
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Jo

I got my final result over the phone yesterday, an A, a distinction, so very very very happy!! Will get my certificate in a few weeks.

Yes like you I found certain modules more heavy going than others. And surprised myself that the ones I thought I would find hardest such as genetics, I really really enjoyed.

Keep at it. That's the great thing with the compass courses is that there is no time deadline. Sometimes life just takes over.

Lisa
    lance
    Admin

Anybody out there! Empty Re. Anybody out there ?

Post  lance Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi Lisa, Hooray! Well done and congratulations. I agree that the Compass courses and teaching methods are first class. As a retired teacher and lecturer, I'm always very happy to hear of anyone who has been enthused to go on studying, especially if they have not done so since leaving school. I'm just 80, but I'm still studying and learning for the sheer joy of it. This forum is a great support and encouragement. So, thank you all for that.
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Wow Lance, you are an inspiration!! But I know what you mean, it's kind of addictive. I never really enjoyed school, but this course I have so enjoyed, learnt soooooo much, been well out of my comfort zone and it has pushed me, but that's what I now feel I need more of. Maybe that's the addictive part! It has been a HUGE part of my life for the last 2 years and I feel a bit lost now, (until I start the next course!!!!!)

Lisa
    jowolff

Post  jowolff Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Brilliant final result Lisa, well done. Congratulations.
    Jo
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Anybody out there! Empty Well Done Lisa!

Post  Carole.T Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Well done Lisa on your success!

Guilty to not logging in to the forum for ages, as my Animal Care College 'Aggression' course ground to a holt about a year ago now due to other demands etc. etc.

However, now Lance has made me feel very guilty for putting my brain into reverse 'learning' mode.....better dig the course out and get studying!!

Very best to you on your acheivement Lisa, and everyone else completed their studies.

Regards,

Carole
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks Carole, good to hear from you!!

Will nice if the forum gets busier again.

Lisa
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:37 am

Wow, well done Lisa!!!! Are you going on to do the top up?

Chris
    Lisa

Post  Lisa Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Chris

Thanks.

Yes as soon as it is ready!!! Can't wait!

Lisa
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Well Done Lisa! Big congrats!
    I'm doing Behaviour and Psychology Dip . Just submitted Module 5 so one more to go. Hope to do the Adv Dip after this.
    I must agree with you guys- it is very addictive Very Happy
    Lance- you are an absolute inspiration and I love your posts on here. Really hope this forum takes off again as I love meeting like minded people.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:01 pm

I've got to get motivated again! Just have a load of driving stuff to sort out as that is main form of income and then I hope to be back on with the Diploma! Keep giving me a kick you guys to get me going!!!!!!

Chris Very Happy
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:15 am

Admin wrote:I've got to get motivated again! Just have a load of driving stuff to sort out as that is main form of income and then I hope to be back on with the Diploma! Keep giving me a kick you guys to get me going!!!!!!

Chris Very Happy
    Very Happy:D Well done Chris! I solomly promise to get out the virtual whip to keep you motivated tongue
    This having to bring in income is such a nuisance isn't it? Very unfair! I found myself working this morning but gave up when the stupid package I was working on crashed and I lost everything! You can imagine the language was extremly polite.
    Jo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:05 am

Ha ha, that's great Jo, thank you! Very frustrating when the computer crashes! Technology is wonderful when it works!
    Laughing
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Everyone seems to have disappeared again!!! silent
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Sorry Jo, had my daughter home from uni for Easter and then family staying! Back on track later this week, promise!!!!!
    JoDog

Post  JoDog Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Oh Wonderful! Hope you had a lovely Easter!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 am