Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

Gone very quiet. Anyone doing/studying anything?

lance
    Admin

Gone very quiet. Anyone doing/studying anything?

Post  lance on Sat May 26, 2012 10:45 am

How is everyone doing? I've been stuck for some time now in
    Module 4 of Compass Higher Certificate of Cynology (now renamed
    Higher Diploma of Cynology).
    This is not because I cannot understand the material or questions, but because the Module is based on several assumptions (presented as fact)that are now rejected by recent studies. e.g. it talks of domestic dogs as in Packs and the human-dog pack. Its talk of Dominance and the so-called pack rules and all that 'Alpha' stuff that is now rejected by recent scientific authorities. I have spoken to David Montgomery briefly about this and I see that he has made a few minor alterations, but I think the whole module text needs to be revised and rewritten. In its present form it is outdated, inaccurate and misleading.
    Does anyone else have any thoughts about this?
    Cheers, from Derek (speaking to you from a growing mountain of books,papers and notes and frustration)

Lisa

Re: Gone very quiet. Anyone doing/studying anything?

Post  Lisa on Mon May 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Lance

Yes it has been quiet!!

I am now on module 10 of the Ad. Dip. It would be interesting to hear how others are doing!

With regards to your module, it all really depends on the questions but could you not put forward a more current and up to date view and provide evidence to justify your answer?

Is that any help?

Lisa
    wolfgsd

Post  wolfgsd on Tue May 29, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm on hte last module and have beenm for ages, just can't get motivated to get it finished

Betty10

Post  Betty10 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi everyone, I've just joined this forum, though I'm now on module 10 of the advanced diploma... Lisa, I saw you are too, how are you finding it? I've found myself a bit stuck - particularly with the project?!

Lisa

Post  Lisa on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Betty

This modules not too bad but a couple of the questions have frazzled my brain!!!! Not decided on the project yet, have some ideas but need to sit down and have a serious think.

Are you enjoying the course, I am absolutely loving it!!!!

Lisa

Betty10

Post  Betty10 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm in exactly the same situation module -wise... I'm really struggling to come up with one! but generally I have really loved the course! Are you working with dogs at the moment or is it something you plan on doing following the course? Smile

Lisa

Post  Lisa on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi Betty

I have been running my own training and behaviour business for over 8 years now, but decided it was time to get the academic qualifications.

How about you?

Lisa

Betty10

Post  Betty10 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Lisa,
    I've volunteered and worked with rescues more than anything else... i'm hoping to set up a behaviour rehabilitation centre following the course! I can immagine it must be really helpful having all the practical experience to back up the theory Smile
    Betty

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:33 pm