Canine Behaviour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

3 posters

Latest UKRCB members

Carole.T
    Carole.T

Latest UKRCB members Empty Latest UKRCB members

Post  Carole.T Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone else on this forum been accepted as a Student member of the UKRCB? I had notification on their forum that they had accepted some new students. Anyone on here applied, been for their interview?

This is also a bit of test 'post' as I admit that I have not been on this forum for several weeks, but nothing is coming up when I click on 'posts since your last visit' - I dare say there must be some!!

Hope you are all doing well in your studies (mine have still not re-started for the past few months - been so busy - got a part time job, well have 2 now so working 6 days per week + just started my own classes so it is all go!)

Good luck and fingers crossed to anyone who has applied for the UKRCB.

Regards

Carole
    Admin
    Admin

Latest UKRCB members Empty Re: Latest UKRCB members

Post  Admin Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Well done Carole on UKRCB membership. Good luck too with the jobs and the classes. Where are you working?

I am hoping to get back to the books soon. Just got to do a bit more work on the 3 businesses I am now running and get them going smoothly, then I can concentrate on other things!

Chrisxx
    Smile
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks Chris,

Its weird isn't it, going from no work to non-stop work! The trouble is only a very small proportion of it is actually to do with dogs!

Shouldn't sound ungrateful for getting a job really, but well...not my vocation in life sitting in a cold and draughty (excuse the pun!)reception for a solar panel ( sunny ) installation company on an industrial estate, listening to what seems to be one unhappy caller after another! It's ok for now, but as one of the girls at the library has given her notice in and one of the other relief staff has got himself a full time job elsewhere, the library now are crying out for cover...so, although a bigger risk money-wise, I may give up the reception job and carry on doing relief work at the library until the Council 'unfreeze' all their vacancies next year and see if anything permanent comes out of that.

My current mon>friday job gives me virtually no time for 'dog work' so I have to do evening & weekend visits in my only time off!

Wow, three businesses..at least 2 of my 'employments' are wages paid by some-one else, only the classes and 1>1's my responsibility. Very good luck to you in all your endeavours...thinking of moving yet?

Regards

Carole

Lisa

Post  Lisa Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Carole

Yes I am now a student member. Interview was fine except I always allow extra time in case of accidents on the motorway and so I can arrive relaxed, and what happened, got stuck and turned up terribly flustered just on time!!!! Typical!!! But they were everso nice.

Lisa
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Well done Lisa!

It is nice to see quite a few new student members being accepted to the UKRCB.

Well done for overcoming the stress of the journey. I got there fine, but stupidly decided to rely on the Satnav to get me back home. For some bizarre reason it kept wanting to take me to the M4 (we live in Dorset so I needed the M3) so after going in a circle past the same roadworks 3 times, switched off the Satnav and hey presto followed my nose home ok.

Sadly I shall not be at the Education Day, I have advised Brigitte. With my work and in a new job, plus working Saturdays I just don't have the time spare. However, having said that I am trying to scrounge a Saturday off for the APBC 'Behaviour Consult' observation day in December as it is enough notice, so it will be nice to see any UKRCB people there (if I get the day off that is!).

Otherwise I am sure we will meet up at some point.

Well done again,

Regards

Carole
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Well done Lisa. I keep thinking I will get myself organised but then I get booked up again! Behaviour and training work doing quite well at the moment which is ironic since I now have the AA tuition vehicle and don't have time to promote myself so am having to rely on the AA sourcing pupils for me!

Chris

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm