Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

module 5 question 5.1

murphy

module 5 question 5.1

Post  murphy on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Hello everyone.
    I'm having a bit of a mental block with module 5, question one...... Autumn moulting as a predictive process. Can any one shed(ha) any light on this one? scratch

Admin
    Admin

Re: module 5 question 5.1

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Don't know if I can help in any way with this, but I would question whether the domestic dog, living in the house really does have 2 moults per year. Dogs living outside yes, they shed into winter coat in Autumn and summer coat in spring. But, because of central heating these days the temperature in the house is more constant throughout the year, so dogs don't moult as they used to.

I did cover this in my grooming course, but don't know if I could find you any quotes I'm afraid.

Chris
    olwen

Post  olwen on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:26 pm

how are you getting on with this? I quoted a study on Mink!

M. Valtonen, O. Vakkuri and L. Blomstedt Autumnal timing of photoperiodic manipulation critical via melatonin to winter pelage development in mink Animal Science (1995), 61 : pp 589-596 http://journals.cambridge.org

timo_legend

Post  timo_legend on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:24 pm

I've just entered this Module and my jaw dropped at this question. How did you get started with this? I just cannot find anything out there on this........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:33 pm