Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

Question 10

Lisa

Question 10

Post  Lisa on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Oh my god, I know this module is on the brain but I am having complete brain jam on this question What a Face , it's the one comparing the structure of the human and canine brain as a result in the differences in senses. Don't know whether to do drawings, descriptions or both...... what to write..... aaagggghhhhh.....stuck Mad

Any hints or references welcomed.

Lisa
    scratch
    olwen

Re: Question 10

Post  olwen on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:52 pm

I covered it in 5 lines quoting Turner and Lindsay. study

Lisa

Post  Lisa on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi Olwen

My god 5 lines!!! Most of my answers are a lot longer than that!!!!!

The one thing I learnt the other day is that if my brain is struggling on a particular thing, don't keep at it!!! Should have walked away and done something else but didn't!!! Woke up the next day with a completely fresh head!!!

Lisa
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi Lisa,

I did a summary of about 3 para's (about 20 lines). Then I did a table of comparison between the human & canine brain from facts gleaned out of the researched books. I cannot help you too much on references as the feedback comment on my answer was "Good - don't forget your references though" Ooops!! Plus I did not write that the dog's olfactory bulb is larger than ours.

I have a list of references used at the end of my module, but now I am beginning to realise the benefit of referencing as you go, as I could not say for sure from my list which ones I used for what questions! Apart from the usual Canine related books on the Reading List, or similar, I think the human anatomy books -as usual- I referenced/borrowed from the library so may not be available in all diferent library databases anyway?

I hope your next attempt gets you back in the swing of thing.

Regards

Carole

Lisa

Post  Lisa on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Carole

Yes sorted it now!!

Agree what you say about referencing, its so hard to remember at a later date.

Lisa
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Well done Lisa!
    olwen

Post  olwen on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 pm

What I do as I am going along is finish the sentance off a mini reference (Lindsay 3) Then I am able to go back and do things properly at the end and add if I need to.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:03 pm