Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

Unit 2 nutrition question

Admin
    Admin

Unit 2 nutrition question

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Finally picked this up again. Really want to get it finished so I can get on to the Compass AdvDip!

I think I have finished the nutrition question, stating quite clearly that I do not have a nutrition qualification so don't feel I can make my own diet. But have taken a commercial diet to bits and analysed so hopefully that will do.

I am finding it hard to get back into answering the questions. I really want to read more but then get taken off the track. Must try and get more focussed. Perhaps its my age?!!!! Brain is rather fuddled these days - or maybe its too many glasses of wine eating away at the little grey cells!
    olwen

Re: Unit 2 nutrition question

Post  olwen on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:22 pm

I've not seen it but hasn't the course helped you with knowing more about diets and therefore you should be better placed to write one?

Have you spoken to your tutor about being stuck on it? Taking a commercial diet to pieces shows you know what you are talking about.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:36 pm

No, haven't bothered asking for help. Last time I asked for help on the previous module I didn't get a response and I only asked if she wanted me to write about personal experience or simply research and reference as it wasn't clear in the brief or in the course manual.

Anyway, as you say, I have done a lot of research into nutrition and learnt a lot about controversial claims! One person said that oats is indigestible for dogs another states it is virtually a wonder food!

I have almost finished the last two questions so hopefully will send off in the next couple of days and get on with Module 3.
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi Chris,

I am on Module 2 also and it seems to be dragging somewhat.

Like you, I seem to be taking example commercial diets to pieces as it were, but I think that maybe I am getting too bogged down with it, as the more I research the more questions it throws up and the more I research etc. etc.....!

I have just emailed Wendy to say mine will be another couple of weeks (going away for a few days but desperately need to get back into the swing of it on my return as I have question 4 to do before I write everything up, with the dreaded references!).

So, keep going. We'll get there in the end I am sure.

Although I mainly feed BARF, I am concentrating on commercial foods as the ingredient information is much easier to compare 'like for like', plus that is what most owners feed.

I seem to have lost the alerts of 'posts' via my Yahoo email address, so only just logged on to this forum to see what I have been missing!

Regards

Carole

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Yep, I'm getting lots of questions the more I research. There seem to be a lot of different opinions as to what is good for dogs and what is not. Oats for example, one person says they should be left for horses, another says they are wonderful!

I'm working on the testosterone Q at the moment. Not a lot of research on bitches is there apart from the Peachey study?

I have made a start on Q4 as well as I pick up snippets of info from other reading. If I don't write it down straight away I forget where I've seen it. Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 pm