Canine Behaviour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

+3
Carole.T
olwen
wolfgsd
7 posters

How's everyone doing?

wolfgsd
    wolfgsd

How's everyone doing? Empty How's everyone doing?

Post  wolfgsd Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Not really the right place for this but as there are only sections for modules 1 and 2, then here it has to go tongue

Just wondered how everyone is getting on? I've now finished the first 11 modules and just have module 12 to do, which could be interesting. Just waiting for the module resources to arrive and then I'll be ringing Sheila Bailey for her exact requirements so that I can get started. I know marion is at the same point as me (well a little ahead as she's had the resources for a while now)
    olwen
    olwen

How's everyone doing? Empty Re: How's everyone doing?

Post  olwen Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Can you send me your 2 - 10 I'll make a few changes before submitting them! Laughing
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Good luck on Module 12!! Wow, I bet it seems like a lifetime away now since you started the course (unless you are a superfast studier that is!). How long has it taken you out of interest?

Mind you time goes by so quickly really doesn't it? (except seemingly when you start out on a course that is). Let us know how you get on. It seems a lot of people are doing this course now doesn't it which is good.

Now Olwen, that's just not cricket is it? Rolling Eyes

Regards,

Carole
    olwen
    olwen

Post  olwen Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Laughing

It would be quicker though! It is good that a lot of people are doing the course. What I am enjoying about it is that you are able to give your own arguements and do your own research rather than some courses which tell you how to think.
    Judzia
    Judzia

Post  Judzia Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi there

I am on Module 12 (case study 1) and have had the module for quite a while now. Its BIG and unfortunately my motivation has dropped somewhat as I was hoping that the final module would be about the same length as all the previous ones. I must give myself one final big push to get it done. It is nice to read that there are some others here also about to start it.
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi 'Judzia'

I know how you feel, I felt the same. Just a thought, don't give yourself a 'goal' finish date, in case you don't attain it and de-motivate yourself more? Maybe then you'll get through it quicker than you expect!

Just keep thinking - 'last one'! and have a nice 'reward' to look forward to as a cause for celebration the day you post if off to the tutor - and another reward of course when you get your final results!
    And maybe another, when you get your certicicate - All well deserved I'm sure and why not indeed!!

Well done

Regards

Carole
    Judzia
    Judzia

Post  Judzia Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Carole

Thankyou for your advise. I had given a goal time for all my previous modules but eventually decided not to do this for the final module. I thought to myself that even if I did a little bit when I could, then I would still be one step closer to completing it. I will get there eventually and then have a big celebration.
    Jessie
    Jessie

How's everyone doing? Empty okay

Post  Jessie Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am

Well i've almost completed the first module Very Happy Just waiting for my book to arrive so i can do the reveiw and then i can send it off!
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Well done Jessie,

I presumed you started the module before you joined the Forum on 6th Jan?!!

Regards

Carole
    Jessie
    Jessie

Post  Jessie Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 am

I did, but with work, kids, dogs etc i've just picked it up and put down as and when but i thought i was doing pretty well timewise as they say to work on a module a month....Must say im a bit of a slacker Laughing

Out of interest, how long did it take you all to get through the course?
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Jessie,

Phew...thank goodness for that. I was afraid we had a superfast studier among us for the moment Exclamation

Off the top of my head, I think I took about 2 months per module. That included the week approx waiting for the answers to come back with the next module, but module 12 took nearly twice as long!

I learnt from doing a previous course that personally it was the right duration per module for me, so I didn't stress out too much with deadlines. I finished it all at the end of 2007 from what I recall. That's the good thing about Distance Learning, in the main you can tailor it to suit you and your lifestyle.

All the best with your studies.

Regards

Carole
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Blimey Pauline, I haven't put up pages for the later modules yet as I didn't realise anyone was that far on. I'll get onto it over the next couple of days.

Life has taken over again for me which is very frustrating. Haven't picked it up for a couple of weeks now. Becca has finally decided to go back to uni and finish this year before hopefully starting a new degree in September if she is accepted. So, that's one problem out of the way and I can get back down to work on my things again! Smile
    Jessie
    Jessie

Post  Jessie Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Got A- for module one Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Well done Jessie!!! Keep it up!
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Great stuff Jessie!

The first module is with David Montgomery isn't it? He (like many of the other tutors) can be a bit of a stickler for content & referencing....a double 'well done'!!

Regards

Carole
    Lisa

How's everyone doing? Empty Re:

Post  Lisa Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Well done!!!

I started mine on Monday, really enjoying it!

Lisa

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 am