Canine Behaviour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

4 posters

Adv.CBM 'Top Up' BSc Degree @ Sparsholt College - Update

Carole.T
    Carole.T

Adv.CBM 'Top Up' BSc Degree @ Sparsholt College - Update Empty Adv.CBM 'Top Up' BSc Degree @ Sparsholt College - Update

Post  Carole.T Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi there,

I emailed Sparsholt College today to enquire about the BSc(Hons) Applied Animal Behaviour Degree, which those who complete the Adv.CBM can enrol on, to their part-time degree course. I received the following reply;

""Unfortunately the top-up course will not be running for 2010/11 due to a cap on the College's He student numbers. If it runs in 2011/12 obviously there may be changed funding options by then especially as the present Government are currently reviewing HE Student Funding.""

Whether Compass Education & Training have any info or agreements with any other BSc course providers I don't know, I have not been in contact with them.

Regards

Carole
    wolfgsd
    wolfgsd

Adv.CBM 'Top Up' BSc Degree @ Sparsholt College - Update Empty Re: Adv.CBM 'Top Up' BSc Degree @ Sparsholt College - Update

Post  wolfgsd Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 am

all HE providers are having the same problem, our full-time cap is ridiculous, but we are getting round it by offering part-time versions of our fulltime courses (no caps on part-time).
    Although compas have no agreement with us, if astudent has the right practical experience we would have no problems accepting them onto our BSc canine top-up (part-time distance learning)
    olwen
    olwen

Adv.CBM 'Top Up' BSc Degree @ Sparsholt College - Update Empty Re: Adv.CBM 'Top Up' BSc Degree @ Sparsholt College - Update

Post  olwen Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Northampton University do a part time Applied Animal Science BSc top up. Not sure what they mean by part time. I was looking forward to the 1 week at college a term. (or a 1yr full time top up)

Hopefully things will be reinstated next year.

http://www.northampton.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/detail/?id=0012
    olwen
    olwen

Post  olwen Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Just checked with them and it's usually one day a week. Phone Moulton College on 01604 491131 and ask to speak to Alex who deals with part time admissions; rather than the free phone number on the uni website.
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Just come back on-line after major Broadband failure - still some diffs but at least working now!

The Sparsholt course describes itself as Part-time also (4 separate weeks per year, for 2 years), so presumably they have included Part-time also in their cuts. My next nearest is Southampton, which from the APDT thread on this subject, states that they have closed theirs also. Very frustrating when you want to consider progressing down the BSc route isn't it?

Sooo, maybe back to considering applying to the UKRCB when have a few more cases under my belt as it were!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:48 am

I think that is going to be my line of progression as well, when I get my act together, finish the aggression course and get on with the ADV Dip
    wolfgsd
    wolfgsd

Post  wolfgsd Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:23 pm

I think the sparsholt route can either be full-time or part-time but I suspect the part-time course 'in fills' onto the full time course, which probably isn't running due the cappng. HE capping is only affecting full time courses, but if a full time course is cut onto which part-time students 'in fill' then that route will also be cut.

Luckily, it's not having much of an impact on our Animal management courses as we already have part-time routes also validated and sufficient full-time students to enable us to run the part-time options as well. Just measn the college will have its highest number of part-time HE students next year.
    wolfgsd
    wolfgsd

Post  wolfgsd Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:47 pm

I was talking to David M today and mentioned about the Sparsholt top-up and he hadn't heard it wasn't going to be running, so he is going to ask. He did confirm that the Southampton courses are being scrapped Sad Looks like Lincoln will soon be the only place to get a MSc in behaviour counselling.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:32 am