Canine Behaviour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion relating to advanced courses on canine behaviour modification

4 posters

Presentation

olwen
    olwen

Presentation Empty Presentation

Post  olwen Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Just a little question for those of you who have done all or some of the course.

Do the tutors prefer you to use one side of paper or is it ok to use both sides?

Also is it one answer per sheet or can you run them on?

I'm looking at saving paper and making it lighter to post where possible.

Thanks
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Presentation Empty Module presentation

Post  Carole.T Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi Olwen,

I can only tell you what I did.

I used one side of the paper only (wasn't in to 'duplexing' then!). I did run answers to questions over onto the next page, but if there were convenient breaks in the work I did try to start a new answer on a different page. The revision answers were on their own page/s as were my references.

I didn't get any negative comments for presenting it this way.

Regards

Carole
    lance
    Admin

Presentation Empty Re: Presentation

Post  lance Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Olwen,In the course I did (HCC)there were instructions at the beginning of the booklet of Module I including 'Preparing work for Marking'. I don't know if you have this in your course. In case you haven't here's a summary.
    1. lined or unlined paper; can be handwritten or typed/word process.
    2.write on one side of paper only. leave a margin at right (1.5inches) for tutor's notes and comments
    3.Keep copies of your work (in case postal failure).
    4.Send completed work (of each module)to address you have been given of your tutor, in the plastic folder provided.
    5.Your tutor will mark and return this along with the next module.
    6. Start each question/answer on a new sheet
    7.Start revision question on a new sheet;Start project on a new sheet; start references on a new sheet
    8. When submitting work include self addressed label to show who the work belongs to.
    9.As you get the originals back from being marked keep them all together for final submission in case your work is selected for external verification.
    Did you get a copy of Compass Student Handbook with your module material? If not ask Compass or your tutor for it.

Last edited by lance on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    olwen
    olwen

Post  olwen Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks for the replies. I didn't notice the section on only using one side of paper.

A new sheet of paper per revison question seems a bit wasteful as there are 30 of them and they only require a word or a sentence.
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi Olwen,

I can only say what my tutor (David Montgomery) accepted on the A.Dip CBM Module 1 when I did it. With regard to the Revision questions, I did them all continuing on over on five pages as some only needed a few words, or a list - others needed longer answers.There were no comments that the presentation was incorrect. Maybe the Revision questions on Lance's course require more depth and it is possible the requirements have changed since I did it? Though as Lance says, they should have sent you a Course handbook/guide with Module 1.

I sent hubby up into the loft today, to bring down the first 4 of my completed modules so I can re-read them out of interest. As it is so easy to pack them away after the relief of finishing the Course - never to be seen again! I might even impress myself at what I have written (and forgotten) - you never know?!
    lance
    Admin

Post  lance Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 pm

No, I didn't mean that there should be a separate sheet for EACH
    revision question. But that the section headed 'Revision Questions' should be started on a new sheet. Then the answers to the Revision Questions would be given, starting each question/answer on a NEW LINE E.G.

MODULE REVISION QUESTIONS

1. Heredity describes the process by which genes are passed from one generation to another

2.Biological adaptation is the term used by Darwin ....
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi Lance,

Yes I thought that was a bit strange, sorry if it was mis-interpreted.

All clear this end now!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 am

Carole.T wrote:Hi Olwen,

I sent hubby up into the loft today, to bring down the first 4 of my completed modules so I can re-read them out of interest. As it is so easy to pack them away after the relief of finishing the Course - never to be seen again! I might even impress myself at what I have written (and forgotten) - you never know?!

How true! I look back at my notes/assignments from the HNC some times just to remind me of things. Its surprising how much you forget!
    olwen
    olwen

Post  olwen Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Referencing study is making me loose the will to live! I really just want to type B&B instead of Burch and Bailey Laughing
    Carole.T
    Carole.T

Post  Carole.T Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Olwen,

Keep going - you'll get there! flower

I realised a few modules through that some reference sources were relevant for more than one module, so I then copied all my references on to a separate Word document as I went along and when I needed to repeat any, I just copy & pasted into the module I was working on. I used the same font for all my modules but used italic style for references if input within the main module text, to differentiate it from the main text.

In my list of references at the end of each module, I used italic style font for the book/article title, just to separate the author from the subject a bit more. E.G,

Scott J P and Fuller J L (1965) Genetics and the Social Behaviour of the Dog. Chicago, The Chicago University Press.

BUT everyone has their own style, however the copy/paste of commonly used references worked well for me.

All the best

Carole
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 am

Great idea Carole, thanks for that idea. I must admit referencing makes me lose the will to live as well! I am just gearing myself up to enroling on the Compass course! Have had a bad few weeks as far as studying is concerned, too m,any other things going on. Very frustrating!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am